VidCon announces industry advisory board
Ahead of its seventhannual gathering this summer, much-beloved online video conventionVidConhas announced the industry professionals who will curate the panels, keynotes, fireside chats, and seminars for the events business-minded attendees.
The Industry Track Advisory Board, as its been dubbed (VidCon also offers attendance “tracks” for creators and fans), comprises a veritable whos-who of bold-faced players from media companies, brands, agencies, and investment firms.Heres the list:
- EpicSignal founderBrendan Gahan
- United Talent Agency partnerBrent Weinstein
- Pepsi senior marketing managerChristine Ngo
- Marriotts vice president of global creative and content marketing,DavidBeebe
- Comcasts VP of strategic development,Dror Shimshowitz
- Internet of Things Consortium CEOGreg Kahn
- Vessels head of content,Ivana Kirkbride
- Federateds chief strategy officer,John McCarus
- New Form Digital chief creative officerKathleen Grace
- Beyonds VP of programming,Leslie Morgan
- Supergravity Pictures founderMarc Hustvedt
- Greycroft PartnersMark Terbeek
- YouTubes head of entertainment communications,Michelle Slavich
- Bertelsmann Digital Media InvestmentsSim Blaustein.
With last years explosion of next-gen OTT, SVOD platforms and alternative digital distribution models, there is more demand for multi-platform content, influencers and creators than ever before, said Vessels Kirkbride in a statement, nodding to potential focal points forthis years event.
VidCon, which will take place between June 23 and 25 in Anaheim, California, also recently announced that this years iterationwould put anadded focusongaming content. Tickets are available atVidCon.com.
Illustration by Max Fleishman